FROSTY'S FUNHOUSE

For many of you, this will be one of the most interesting rides you'll probably ever go on. My life is a bumpy journey full of of chills and thrills, so jump in and buckle up. I'll be sure to supply plenty of popcorn.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Respect to MLK

As we enjoy this Monday off, I hope that at least a few of you will stop and think about what this day represents. In fact, let's take a few seconds right now to reflect back on all the great things a certain Mr. King Jr. has done. Now, that's not to say that he was a perfect man. He had his vices, problems and moments of weakness like all of us. However, I feel they pale in comparison to the good he has done. If you're interested, check out this article for an interesting perspective on the good and bad that is MLK Jr. To say the least, it's a pretty good read.

Moving on to other topics, I just wanted to let people know that both GameStop and EB are having a great deal on the Street Fighter Limited Edition Controllers (Ryu, Ken or Chun Li). Normally they're around $20, but you can pick them up now for $15, which is a nice price. Aside from some minor issues I have with the d-pad, I like the controllers, especially since they remind me of the Japanese-style Sega Saturn ones.



Oh, but if you're really hardcore into Street Fighter like I am, then you definitely have to run over to EB and grab one of the awesome Street Fighter Arcade Sticks. It's not as good as a true MAS one, but it's still decently high quality. Unfortunately, some people have complained of joystick issues, but that seems to limited to a small number of units. Also, keep in mind that while they're running only around $60 in-store right now, you can bet that they'll be closer to $100 a year from now on Ebay.



While I'm on the Street Fighter stream of thinking right now, can I go ahead and share a message with Capcom? Will you just go ahead and make a Street Fighter IV already? Sheesh. We've been waiting a while and fans can only take so much of your constant rehashes (Fighting Evolution) and endless team-up titles. Just suck it up and create some brand-new (and high-res) sprites and actually spend some time on the character designs. Let's take a step back to the simpler times and focus less on flash and more on strategy. I'm winded trying to learn 62-hit standard combos. Bring it all down a notch and try to capture the classic feel of the past. I miss home and I'm hoping that Capcom develops and releases a nicely balanced welcome mat that will make things alright again. They can do it... I know they can.

Shifting one dimension over to Virtua Fighter, I'm happy to say that I'm finally getting my wife to start playing my arcade machine. She's a bigger fan of the fast-paced (and flashier) Soul Calibur series, but I'm optimistic that she'll discover a character that she really likes and then sticks with it. I'll keep you updated on her status, so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home